Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm baaaaaack!



I have been MIA, so busy lately....
I have switched schedules at work and I really like it. It's nice to be done at 11:15 and have the whole day, but it has been crazy. I had a schedule all planned out and of course, my darling boys aren't following it. That's what you get when you are a mommy. They have their own schedules, so...we're playing with it. Coop is taking loooong PM naps because he doesn't want to sleep anywhere else but his crib. Spencer, on the other hand, will do anything to avoid sleeping in his bed. "Mommy's bed? TV?" He tries that every time it is bedtime. Sometimes if I am exhausted and Joe's at work, I'll let him do that because I cannot go to sleep until he is in bed. At least if he is next to me, I'm semi-awake.
We have been having dinner with friends lately. You know how you always say, "We should get together sometime.", but never make plans, well, we are doing something about it. So last weekend we went to Shea & Kristen's (they invited us and I said let's put it on the calendar right away!). Yummy steak! Then we had the Winek's over last night. They have 2 kids, so Spence had some friends to play with. They got out the tunnels and the box of musical instruments. It was a loud evening! Next weekend, we have to go to a funeral, so I am not sure if we'll make plans with anyone. Joe's Uncle Dave passed away. He is a Christian, so we know he is with God now, and in a much better place. I know those words don't make people feel better.
OK, now how 'bout some learning....here are some facts from The Week, a new magazine with news, all in one compact place...love it!

What we learned in 2005:
*Broccoli is one of the best cancer fighting foods, you can eat it OR slather it on your skin!
*TV turns kids into bullies. The more TV a 4 year old watches, the more likely they are to be mean or cruel to others by the time they are 11. (!!!)
*Smoking makes you stupid (another reason to quit!!!)...smokers performed worse on different cognitive tests.
*Old doctors provide lower-quality care. (I have had 2 young OB's and they were fantastic! Need a doc in Modesto or San Fernando Valley? I have great recs!!!!)
Anyway, that's just some of the facts I found interesting...

OK, gotta go...I'll look for a cute pic to post. Aunt Jenny has been begging for pics....

1 comment:

High Power Rocketry said...

Cute pics.. :)

R2K