Sunday, January 08, 2006

Should be...

...going to bed right now...starting tomorrow I will be the AM teacher. I have to be at work at 7:35!!!! Yikes! But old habits die hard...I have been getting into bed around 11:30 every night and sleeping in until around 9. Yes, I love my sleeper boys! hee-hee...Coop has been my alarm clock.
But I am kind of excited about the change. I will be done teaching at 11:15. I'll have the whole day ahead of me....I have already written a schedule for us thanks to Supernanny! It includes time for me with each boy, cleaning (yuck), me time, time with Joe, playing time, etc...hope it works!
I love watching that show, Supernanny. The kids are always waaaay out of control, but she gives good ideas. I think I am going to start using the "naughty spot" technique because just putting Spence in his room for time out doesn't always work.
I picked up the Supernanny book last time I was at Barnes & Noble. I met a mom at the train table that had it, too. It was funny because her son's name was Spencer, too, and he was 2. She said his name originally was going to be Cooper, but they changed it a month before he was born. Then, we started talking about girls names. Their choice was Makena, which was what Coop would have been if he was a girl. I mentioned that Spencer would have been Kendyl, and she said that was her dad's name (Kendall) and she liked it, but her sister used it already! Weird connection...she had also been a teacher, but was a stay-at-home mom now.
Speaking of, there's a phrase that irks me, I know it shouldn't, but it does..."full time mommy" referring to stay-at-home moms. OK, sorry, but I AM a full time mommy, too. EVEN when I am working, I am still a mommy! Not a part time mommy, but a part-time teacher. I don't mean any disrespect for stay-at-home moms, I want to be one, too but right now we can't (even though with childcare and medical plan contributions, but don't get me started...). So it's off to work I go...but I know my babies are happy and thriving. Spencer LOVES his babysitter. Why not? He gets to play with kids and eat good food. His mommy isn't known for being the best cook....
anyway, I'll get off my rant now. Sorry, hope I didn't offend anyone. ;-) I'll just shut up now and go to bed. But what irks you??? What are some of your pet peeves? Tell me and I'll post for fun! Good night....

No comments: