Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Fun

So we ventured down south again to visit friends and go to Morgan's naming ceremony (Robin and Peter's beautiful baby girl). We had a blast! First we stayed with Tegan and family. Tegan was Spencer's first best friend. We love his family. Spencer had a great time playing with Tegan (and seeing Evan, his cute baby brother). He is the most well behaved 3 year old ever! Joe and I were amazed at him...he certainly seems much older than 3 and 2 months...Charity and Shane are some amazing parents!! Our boys weren't in the best form, though I know 2 long trips and a week without mommy all day didn't help. No more car trips for awhile...
We also visited with the Hayes family and their new addition, Summer. So cute! Diane, one of my dearest friends and Spencer's godmother, came over and chatted with us for a while at Charity's house. Diane is also mother to Aaron, lead singer of Under the Influence of Giants, a hot new band. They have been in People the last 2 weeks, on Jimmy Kimmel, and have a video on rotation on MTV. If you love dance music, you'll love them. Check it out on itunes!!! Awesome!!!
On Sunday we attended the naming ceremony. It was so good to see Robin. I miss her a lot. She is such a fun friend and we always have a good time together. Isn't her daughter just precious???? She slept through the whole party!
On the way home, we ran into a brush fire on the 5 and sat on the Grapevine for 2 hours!!! Augh! It was closed and we wern't sure what to do. Go back to LA? Just wait? Luckily (I guess...) they opened it before we had to be diverted onto an alternate route that would have taken us off and around the Grapevine, a delay of ??? hours! So we made it home, and I went straight to bed as today was my FIRST day of school! Already! But I survived and Maya, my new teaching partner, and I enjoyed our day. Tomorrow I'm off at 11:50, so I am looking forward to my shorter days!
UGH>>>>My pics won't link....Robin, I'll keep trying...I'm not sure what is going on....ugh...

No comments: