1. Less time on the computer...or better quality time...less time surfing the blogs. I've come to realize I get a little depressed reading blogs about pretty families, with perfect homes and lots of fun activities all the time. Come on, I need to see the messy playrooms, the not so perfect kitchen, the times that mom makes a box of mac and cheese for the kids for dinner instead of a perfect, healthy, balanced meal...I have a few blogs I enjoy, and I love getting ideas for decorating and projects, but too much is too much for me (make sense???)
2. More Mommy time with kids...they are only young once, and I need to make sure I spend more time on the floor playing with them. even if I'd rather veg on the couch reading US Weekly while they play with the lego creations, I need to build those legos, too!
3. Learning more about my camera....starting a photography/camera class online Jan. 7! Woo-hoo, can't wait!
4. Doing more fun trips/day trips with the family. This fall, I saw 2 young families devasted by the deaths of a parent. 4 sweet children growing older without a parent...and I BET their parent would give anything to have more time to spend time making memories of doing activities and playing, and not wishing for time for sleeping or chatting on facebook. But it is nice to be in our pajamas until 2 PM on Saturdays, too...
5. Taking better care of me! Sleep more, drink more water, eat healthier, exercise....
OK, 5 is good, right? :-)
And I also am rereading (or simply finishing!) a few parenting books:
1. The 100 simple Secrets of Happy Families (short)
2. 12 Simple Secrets Real Moms Know by Michele Borba
3. Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay and Charles Fay (the best techniques for raising and disciplining kids I've seen...and I've seen/read a lot! Just makes practical sense!)
4. The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephan Covey
Anyone want to read with me? Book club anyone???
Your turn: what are your resolutions?