Sunday, December 18, 2011

December, December...a busy time of year!

Whew...are you caught up in the hustle and bustle??? I am! Though I am slowing down a bit due to the stomach flu-yuck! It swept through our school-even derailed our Christmas performance of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Just as we were ready to start, one little boy threw up all over the stage-front and center-a few times! Started 20 minutes later-after a quick clean up and plastic tablecloth put down-and then someone else throws up during the show-several kids are crying so hard and even the adorable Grinch gets close to tears during his solo song and his teacher has to sing along with him...but the show was a success and my first graders (including my own Coop) were a hit! So, right now, day 3 of rest for me, it doesn't really feel like Christmas....gotta get back on the Noel Train!
We are officially on vacation! No big plans, just family and rest and fun. Love it. The boys have been video games-in their underwear-and enjoying lots of Daddy time. They are in heaven! My Grandpa is in town, too. Haven't had much time to visit with him yet, but looking forward to spending time with him. My sisters get here later this week-cannot wait! THIS is what the holidays are all about for me. Family time.
Here are some pics to to show you what we've been doing lately!




No comments: