Friday, December 30, 2011

Reading Plans for the New Year

I love reading. I really do...but I have come to realize that I read fiction very quickly, but non fiction....very...slowly....and don't always finish the book. I like to savor them, think about them, but I don't always follow through. I have collected a bunch of non-fiction books that I have not read or finished. So this year, I plan to read more non-fiction. I will read and focus on one each month (still leaving time for more fiction love). Here are 6 I have found to start the first half of the year:
1. Quiet: The Power on Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. (For January) This is for my online book club, From Left to Write. I am excited to read this because I think I am much more of an introvert than an extrovert, though I really wish I was more outgoing...stay tuned for my post in the next few weeks about this book.

2.50 Things Every Young Gentleman Should Know by John Bridges. (For Feb.) Technically, this book was on my summer reading list, as well. I saw a great idea that some mom read this book to her boys, and had them journal about their thoughts. I really would like to do this!

3. Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids by Stacy Wasmuth. (For March) I have read about 1/3 of this book-love it! Now need to practice and do.

4. Taking Back Childhood: A Proven Road Map for Raising Confident, Creative, Compassionate Kids
by Nancy Carlsson-Page (For April) The title is so intriguing. I read about 10 pages, but never picked it up again.

5. Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst (For May) I really want to work on my faith this year....

6. Playful Learning: Develop Your Child's Sense of Joy and Wonder by Mariah Bruehl (For June-perfect for summer learning) The pictures are great, and I've already flipped through and skimmed through some of it.

Good thing is, I own all of these already....so I can build up my supply for the 2nd half of the year. Wish we me luck...looking forward to sharing with you what I learn!

No comments: