Friday, March 23, 2012

March(ing) on...

Well...we have been busy...this is a great time of year! I love all the holidays and how magical they can be for kids! Making Valentines...we all made our own this year! Thanks to some ideas scouted out on pinterest...We had a little Valentine's party with friends. I tried to make oreo pops-failed...oh well! Then we had St. Patrick's Day-love it! We made traps in my classroom, had shamrock shakes, and yes, the leprechauns visited us!!!! The kids were so excited...but made for a long Monday in the classroom! The leprechauns also got us at home! They got into our milk, our toilets (Kendall was afraid to sit on the toilet for days afterwards) and made footprints everywhere. The boys even woke up with footprints on their face and arms! Joe and I decided to make corned beef and cabbage for the first time and invited our parents over. It was yummy-and made for even better sandwiches the next day.
I really truly e in a enjoying all the magic of childhood! I hope my children believe in Santa for a long time! Life is hectic and crazy as an adult, and we don't get to believe in magic much anymore. I want my kids to look back at their childhood with fondness and joy! Why not carry out the legend of Santa and the tooth fairy as long as you can?
Speaking of magical childhoods...we have added onto our family-Lucy! Lucy is a 3 year old basset hound, very loving, very fun! The kids LOVE having a dog-our first family pet! Spencer is responsible for feeding her. She is a great dog, potty trained already-thank you! We look forward to bringing her to the beach with us and all the memories to come. Luckily she gets along with Bubba, Grammy and Grampy's dog.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. My iphone camera is about all I have been using lately...so bad! I even won a spot in Becca Hamilton's photography class and learned lots of great tips, so I need to dust off the camera and get shooting. I do have a new model to take pictures of, after all! I am thinking I am attempt a photo a day project in April. Maybe this will make up for the lack of pics I have taken so far this year!

No comments: