Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Officially on BREAK!


OK, my Christmas break starts right now...yippee!! :-) Though I am at home with one sick boy...Spencer is still not better. He stayed home from school Monday, went on Tuesday (field trip caroling at a retirement home) and got sick in Aunt "Chelle's" car today on the way to school...oops...I think I owe Aunt Chelle big time! So, he's in bed again resting....tomorrow is the pre-school Christmas party, so he better get better!

Ok, so those of you who know me know that I am not a chef...far from it. In college, my friends knew I either ate out or made a frozen meal...unless Robin cooked for me. :-) I desperately want to be a cook, want Joe to come home from work to a good home cooked meal, so I am trying...(discovering Rachael Ray), but...my Christmas treats aren't turning out the way I wanted. First off, the peanut brittle tasted yucky (I used dark corn syrup, not light), and then the lemon squares couldn't be made because there were ants in the powdered sugar...so, I ended up making brownie at 10:00 PM last night. I felt a little bad handing out my tiny bags of brownie at school today...oh well...I guess I better start my treat making earlier next year! But, I am lucky enough to have a husband that likes to cook (back off, ladies!), so I do get some nice home cooked meals every week. :-) (And he knows cooking is not my forte and he still loves me!)

But anyone want to send me some easy, yummy recipes???



1 comment:

Sally said...

We're still trying to kick the bug over here, too. It's awful! I was out for two days myself. You and I are kindred spirits, cooking-wise! I'm such a takeout girl, but I'm getting better. Jen and Dan swear by allrecipes.com. They have lots of great slowcooker recipes, and a tortilla soup that's totally yummy. It's the one that rated in their Top 20 (there are about a billion other versions on the site). Have a great break! Get Well Spence!