Friday, November 14, 2008

Green girl

OK, trying to still go green...it's a process! Done most of the easy things I can do: lighbulbs, conserve energy, recycle, reusable bags and bottles, chlorine free wipes, green cleaning products, personal products, etc...but now have to go a little greener, especially in the food area. I checked out from the library, Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle about her year living off the land, so hopefully that will inspire me more! It's just hard with all that is going on to clear out the quick food options, but it's sooo not helping my children and my children are the ones who inspire me! :-) Going to institute the "green hour" and make sure we go out for walks everyday!!!!
I also picked up Deidre Imus's book Greening Your Cleaning from the library, and it's really good! She has some good ideas in it! I tried the toilet bowl cleaner: vinegar, baking soda and lemon, which you make into a paste, spread in the bowl and let it sit for at least a half hour. Works great! Seriously, using natural stuff is way cheaper! And I'm going to a Shaklee party next week. They make good green products that I have heard many people rave about! Sally, if you want to come, let me know! :-)
So, anyway, just an update...though it's not always easy...Joe got laughed at with his Whole Foods reusable bags at Savemart! Oh well....my sister has found some makeup options she really likes, I'll have to remember to post what kind she likes...
And sweet Patti, who must be so thrilled her kids are moving back to CA, bought me a kids' green book! I am so excited to use in my class! That was very, very thoughtful Patti!!! I love it!
no pictures...I was bad this week and didn't take pics...poor K had her first baby cold and she looked miserable. She's almost all better...thank goodness! It's hard to be a working mom with a sick baby. Even a part time working mom!
Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Ooooh...I'd love to go to the Shaklee party, but I've got two nights planned for next week already. I'm thinking one more might make Adrian feel like he's getting ditched with the kids all week! Can I catch you next time? I'm holding on with my Method goodies, but Shaklee intrigues me too. They have great (but pricey) vitamins and protein powder. Also, you mentioned awhile back that you hadn't found a dishwasher soap that you liked--I am really liking Method's Smarty Dish tablets.