Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Word

...so Ali Edwards always talks about her word for the year...something to help bring focus to your life. Sally has her word picked...which I think is great, by the way, so I have been thinking about my word...and came up with "create". Not just in the artistic way...but in the life I want to create for my family and me. We are adding a new addition to our family, and life will change. How do I want our life to look? I really want to focus on home life and making it a good one. My kids are getting older, and soon will be going to school, and around all kinds of different influences...scary! Last night we were eating dinner together and Spencer kept getting up to check on his show...and yes, I was feeling too tired and sick to insist on turning off the TV...but I wish I had. so this year will be the year I focus on family life...and creating art wise, too..creating an inviting home...and scrapbooks for our family to enjoy...and creating the Christian focused life we want to live. Our church seems to be focusing on this, too. So "create" seems to be the word I want to choose for 2008.
What about you????

OK: added a post from Ali's blog about her word (hope you don't mind Ali!!!!):

Ali Edwards:
Now that many of you have chosen a word for the year, what will you do to keep it in mind throughout the year? It can be very simple or complex, a craft/scrapbooking project or a simple reminder in your planner or on your bulletin board. Some sort of visual reminder is a great way to add a bit of focus to your word.
Here's a couple ideas for honoring your word this year:
• Go through some magazines looking for your word or themes/phrases/etc that relate to your word. Cut them out and collage them together as a visual reminder. This could grow and expand throughout the year. • Commission or locate a piece of jewelry that features your word. I am ordering a necklace with "vitality" from Lisa Leonard. Love this as a daily visual reminder. • Print out a word card (see photo above) and place it where you will see it everyday (a bathroom mirror or refrigerator or bulletin board are all front and center). • Create a canvas that introduces your word. Dump some paint right on there and go for it. • Start a journal to document thoughts, feelings, experiences you have with your word over the course of the year. This could be a visual journal or just focus on the words. Your journal could be as simple as a Word document on your computer. • Expand your interest in words by playing along with the challenges on the one little word blog.
What are the ways you are planning to honor your word in 2008?
from www. aliedwards.typepad.com

No comments: