Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer fun...



...enjoying our summer a lot. It hasn't hit the triple digit mark yet...very unusual for us...better be thankful while it lasts. It's nice, I can take the boys out for bike rides and walks and not be baking! We have been doing the typical summer stuff: swimming, BBQing, bike rides, playing...Spencer did say he was sad today because he misses school. I know he misses his friends. Some of his favorite friends "graduated" and are heading into kindergarten, so he is sad about that. We ran into Katelynne, his favorite, at the movies last week, and are planning a playdate for next week. He can hardly wait! Tomorrow we also have a playdate at Jenna's with our playgroup. Looking forward to some "mommy time"...

...OK, I"ll admit it...Stay at home moms...you have the hardest job! It is much easier to be a working mom! Even a part time working mom like me. BUT I would give it up to stay home in a flash. Even though, man, it is difficult! Maybe it is partly because I have boys, and busy ones at that? But you are on the go from the time you wake until the time they are down, and then some...but their hugs and kisses and love make it all worthwhile. Cooper has become quite attached to me this summer.

Today they had shots and Cooper was going crazy, running up and down the halls. I literally could not contain him...all 22 pounds of him! How can someone that tiny be so wild? Of course, he gets his big brother going then, and Spencer is running around, falling and skidding on purpose! And yes, Joe was with me! Thank goodness! But they survived their shots and enjoyed their Coldstone's ice cream afterwards.
Whew...now I am going to rest. I have been going to bed earlier than ever lately, usually by 9:30 because these little dudes take so much energy. Not getting much scrapping done, oh well....

No comments: