Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Joe and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Sunday! Happy anniversary to us! I don't have a wedding pic on computer and don't feel like hooking up the scanner right now...so just imagine us on that special day...happy and thrilled to be Mr. & Mrs. Happy Anniversary, honey!!!!

If you have not read The Kite Runner, go get a copy now! It is incredible! I was hesitating on reading this one, middle east politics and all, but Kim loaned it to me and said I had to read it. Wow, I read it in 2 days and can't stop thinking about it. I have to go get the author's 2nd book now. I feel like I have more of an understanding about the Afghans. It was so sad to read about how they danced in the streets when the Taliban took over from the Russians. But it turned out, as we all know, to be much worse. The book starts in the 70's, before the Russians took over, so you can see what life is like for them before their country was invaded. Have some tissue near by when you read it, but do read it!!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary! I'd love to see a photo. =)