Monday, October 17, 2005

Vacation

OK, saving money is overrated! We stayed at 4 different hotels and let me tell you, that was hard with 2 little boys! We had to pack up sooo much, we had over 10 bags..yes, 10! That included a suitcase for Joe & me, one for Spence, one for Cooper, a shoe bag, diaper bags (2), Spence's backpack, computer bag, food bag, etc...Yes, we saved some money, but was the time and effort worth it??? Actually, my in-laws helped out (thanks!)!!!
But the trip was great. The boys slept in the car most of the time and were pretty good! Spencer looked so cute in his tie for Aunt Jenny's wedding. He was so proud of it. He loved dancing at her wedding and getting cake on his face (he saw Jenny and Justin do it, so he had to!). Coop was adorable and such a good baby. We also hit Ocean Beach on Saturday and Spence LOVED it! He was playing and running in the water. It was cold, but he didn't care. He was soaked when we left the beach, so we had to go buy him some new clothes. He's a beach baby!
Disneyland was a blast, too. Spence was so tired from the other days that he fell asleep at 11 AM during our lunch break, but was up and ready to go soon. His favorite? the 2 "choo-choos" he rode. Cooper loved "Pirates of the Caribbean". Joe and I got to ride the new Space Mountain. It was super fast! AND we were on it when a 4.2 or 4.6 (I forget which one) earthquake struck off the coast of San Diego. Space Mountain was stopped, but luckily we had just ended the ride. I can't imagine being stuck inside!!! I felt a bit queasy after the ride, though....I think my rollar coaster days are over. Guess I am getting older.
OK, back to the real world. Report cards are calling my name!

No comments: