Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stuff

1. Looking for a new carseat for your in between car seat-booster child? I did the research and bought the Graco Nautilus for Spencer. Sadly, he has outgrown his Britax Roundabout...loved loved loved it! But he hit the 40 lb. mark this summer...The booster-ish seat in the Britax family looks awesome, The Frontier, but is close to $300! I am not sure how much longer I can keep him in a traditional car seat...he knows his friends are moving into boosters, but technically, safety-wise, he's not ready! The Graco seems great because it's 3 -in-1, so it fits kids up to 100 lbs! Think I can keep him in a booster till he's 100 lbs??? But he likes this...it has a handy cup holder...and will eventually turn into a high back booster, then a no back booster...when he's like 7 or so...right?!?! Plus the Graco is about half of the Britax! Came quickly from Amazon, though the website says it takes 5 weeks. I think it took less than a week!

2. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, though it will slow down as the school year moves on...already feeling that no time for books pinch...but have to plug the http://www.paperbackswap.com/ site once again! It's very green, too: re-using...not to mention cheap! I've been able to get quite a few books lately from that site! Again you post 10 books that you'd like to "swap", and get 1 credit. Whenever someone requests one of your postings, you ship it to them via media mail (usually around $2.50) and receive another credit. You can request books with your credits. You can also make a wish list and sign up for automatic ship. I have one coming to me any day this way, but am out of credits now! You can even purchase credits for about $3, which is way cheaper than buying books! Most of the books have been in great condition, a few were a little worn, but nothing horrible. I usually read, then re-post to send on! I also signed up for http://www.bookmooch.com/, which works the same. I have a few credits there. The best part: these sites are free!!! Book lovers, check it out!

3. What else??? Wow, again, 2 posts in 1 day...today was a laaazzzyyy day...can you tell? Coop and Kendall didn't feel like sleeping much and it was too hot to go anywhere...ahhhh...looking forward to fall weather! *Though I did take Coop to McDonald's for a special treat, the Star Wars Happy Meal and a Southern Style chicken sandwich for me...man, it tastes so good...just like Chick-Fil-A...mmmm....that's one thing I won't be able to cut out of my diet...

4. Pictures from the good old county fair in July and one of my 2 kiddos that I was hanging with today!





(Taken with my old camera...if you are on the fence about getting a new camera, go for it...it really makes a difference in your pictures!)

No comments: